How do I prepare for the test?
In order to optimize the best test results, it will be necessary to withhold some medications prior to the test day. If exercise is a trigger for your respiratory symptoms, please wear comfortable clothes and running shoes, as Dr Tilles may decide to have you run either on a treadmill or outside.
- 72 Hours Prior to Appointment: Stop all long acting antihistamines (Claritin, Zyrtec, Allegra, Benadryl)
- 48 Hours Prior to Appointment: Stop all long acting bronchodilators (Theophyline, Theodur, Serevent, Dulera, Symbicort, Asmanex, Flovent & Advair), anticholingerics (Combivent, Atrovent) and Tilade or Intal.
- 24 hours Prior to Appointment: Stop all leukotriene modifiers (Singulair, Accolate, Zyflo)
- 8 hours Prior to Appointment: Stop all oral and inhaled bronchodilators (Xopenex, Proventil MDI, Ventolin, Pro Air, Albuterol MDI/Solution)
- Day of Appointment: NO SMOKING, COFFEE, COLA BEVERAGES OR CHOCOLATE.
How long is this appointment?
Please allow up to 90 minutes for this appointment.
Fill out VCD questionnaire if you had not done so for the consultation appointment.
If this appointment is for a minor, we request that a parent or guardian accompany him/her to this appointment.