John C. Walker, MD
Dr. Walker is a Board Certified physician in Allergy and Immunology. He initially enlisted in the U.S. Army when he was 17 years old. During his eight years of enlisted service in the Army, he developed his interest in medicine when he cross-trained as a medic for his unit. He obtained a B.A. in zoology while still serving and attending Uniformed Service University of the Health Sciences. Then Dr. Walker trained as a pediatrician and spent five years at Ft. Wainwright, AK as a general pediatrician. Following the completion of his fellowship training in Allergy and Immunology in Denver, CO at Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Dr. Walker was assigned to Ft. Knox, KY and then to Ft. Lewis, WA. He has received numerous military awards and decorations and has held numerous administrative, clinical, and teaching positions.
After 28 years of service, Dr. Walker retired from the U.S. Army and joined Northwest Asthma & Allergy Center. Dr. Walker’s focus is in difficult to control asthma, chronic sinusitis, and mastocytosis.
Dr. Walker is married with three adult children. He is active in his church as a volunteer and small groups. He also spends his free time in his vegetable garden, training his Labrador, hunting and fishing.
Dr. Walker sees patients in our Richland office.
- Medical School: Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland (1982-1986)
- Internship: Pediatrics, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC (1986-1987)
- Residency: Pediatrics, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC (1987-1989)
- Fellowship: Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Denver, CO (1994-1996)
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI)
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI)
- Washington State Medical Association (WSMA)
Awards and Recognition
- Ranger Tab
- Parachutist Badge
- Expert Infantry Badge
- Meritorious Service Medal with 3 oak leaf clusters
- Army Commendation Medal with 2 oak leaf clusters
- Army Achievement Medal with 1 oak leaf cluster
- Good Conduct Medal
- Overseas Ribbon
- National Defense Service Medal
- Army Service Medal
What Patients Say
“…One of the things I really appreciate about Dr. Walker is that he has looked at my chart BEFORE he walks through the door. He knows my history and asks all the right questions — it feels like he is ready to see me and treat me.”
~Sharon S., Richland