Sara P. Seghezzo, MD
Dr. Seghezzo is Board Certified in Pediatrics. She was born and raised in Arizona. She escaped the heat, heading to Santa Clara University for her undergraduate studies, where she graduated with honors with degrees in Biology and Italian, and minors in French and International studies. She then moved to San Antonio, TX for a year, working with the Jesuit Volunteer Corps at a shelter for children with special needs that were abused or neglected. It was there that she experienced the patient side of medicine, as she was the primary caregiver during the children’s medical appointments, a perspective that she carries forward in her care as a physician. She returned Arizona to complete medical school at the University of Arizona in Tucson, graduating with Distinctions in community service, global health, and rural health. She completed her training in Pediatrics at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital in Nashville, TN, where she worked in a Spanish-speaking primary care clinic and performed asthma research, focusing on health-disparities in pediatric patients. She headed back west for Allergy/Immunology fellowship, graduating in 2019 from the University of California – San Francisco.
While loving all aspects of allergy and immunology, Dr. Seghezzo has special interests in food allergy, asthma, and primary immunodeficiencies, publishing peer-reviewed papers on the topics. She also participated in numerous high-risk oral food challenges as well as food allergy clinical trials during her fellowship. She enjoys working with and treating patients of all ages and is excited to start her career as an allergist in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
Outside of work, she enjoys hiking, skiing and exploring the local food scene. She also enjoys traveling and has visited over 30 countries. She is a certified bilingual provider in Spanish and Italian, and also speaks French.
- Medical School: University of Arizona
- Residency: Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital
- Fellowship: University of California-San Francisco
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI)
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Clinical Immune Societies
Awards and Recognition
- Graduated University of AZ College of Medicine with Distinctions in community service, global & rural health
- Commitment to Underserved People (CUP) Alumnae Scholarship, Tucson, AZ
- Phi Sigma Iota, Foreign Languages Honors Society
- Beta Beta Beta, Biological Sciences Honors Society