NAAC COVID-19 Safety Protocols
August 9, 2023
Masking Policy Update for Northwest Asthma and Allergy Center
Effective Monday, August 14th, 2023, universal masking will no longer be required at all Northwest Asthma and Allergy Center locations, with limited exceptions.
Based on current levels of COVID-19 related hospitalizations and death in the community, mandatory masking will no longer be required at Northwest Asthma and Allergy Center. Limited exceptions may apply and are summarized below. Please note, the masking policy is subject to change if there are signs of increased COVID-19 or other respiratory illness in the community.
Masking is required in the following situations:
- When close contact and interaction may increase the risk of disease transmission.
- When individuals are present in a room during an aerosol generating procedure.
- For 10 days after COVID-19 illness or known COVID-19 exposure.
- For anyone with signs or symptoms of illness, which includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Fever or chills
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Body aches
- Any situation that may expose members to blood or bodily fluids in accordance with standard infectious disease policies and transmission-based precautions.
- Healthcare workers are required to wear a mask when requested to by a patient, or when a patient is wearing one.
Ongoing infection prevention strategies will continue and may include the following:
- Voluntary use of masks for providers, patients and visitors in common public spaces, conference rooms and break rooms.
- Infectious disease screening and symptom monitoring.
- Signage advising visitors of current policies and recommendations for self-screening.
- Recommendations that providers, patients and visitors remain home if ill. Individuals may be asked to return home if ill and concerns are present.
- Continued requirements for use of standard precautions and use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as important strategies to protect staff and patients.
As a courtesy for all, if you are asked to mask, please do so.