Frank S. Virant, MD
Dr. Virant is a Board Certified physician in Allergy and Immunology as well as Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology. In addition to seeing patients, Dr. Virant directs Northwest Asthma & Allergy Center’s clinical and research laboratories. He is also Chief of the Allergy Division at Seattle Children’s Hospital and is also a Clinical Professor of Pediatrics and Associate Director of the Allergy/Immunology Training Program at the University of Washington School of Medicine. He sees patients of all ages and has special interests in sinusitis, asthma, and food allergy.
A Seattle native, following his graduation from University of Washington in 1976, Dr. Virant pursued his medical degree from St. Louis University School of Medicine before returning to the University of Washington to complete his pediatric residency and Allergy and Immunology fellowship. He has long been a leader of the medical community. Since 2003, he has been an Executive Board Member of the American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Allergy & Immunology. He has also served as President of the Washington State Society of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology; President of the TransPacific Allergy and Immunology Society; Chairman of the Education & Research Trust; and Chairman of the Sinusitis Committee of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI).
Outside of the office, Dr. Virant enjoys basketball and golf and is an avid Husky and Mariner fan.
Dr. Virant sees patients in our Seattle and Redmond offices.
- Medical School: St. Louis University School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Washington
- Fellowship: University of Washington
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Fellow
- American Academy of Pediatrics Fellow
- Western Society of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Member
- Washington State Medical Association (WSMA)
- Washington State Society of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Member
- Puget Sound Society of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Member
Awards and Recognition
- National Institute of Health Research Award (1983-85)
- AAAAI Teaching Allergist of the Year Award (2010)
- AAAAI Outstanding Volunteer Clinical Faculty Award (2014)
- America’s Most Honored Professionals – Top 1% (2018)
- Top Doctor by Seattle Magazine for pediatric allergy and immunology (2016-18)
What Patients Say
“We appreciated the friendly atmosphere,…personable nature of the doctor (Dr. Virant introduced himself as Frank and spoke to both our son as well as us), the time taken to review the medical info we brought from other providers, and efficiency…”
~Janie V., Salem, OR